The Armed Forces Covenant was re-signed by Cheshire West and Chester Council in February 2023.
Cheshire West and Chester Council and the Armed Forces community are working together to:
- Encourage support for the Armed Forces community working and residing in Cheshire.
- Recognise and remember the sacrifices faced by the Armed Forces community.
- Encourage activities which help to integrate the Armed Forces community into local life.
- Encourage the Armed Forces community to help and support the wider community.
Cheshire West and Chester has a long history and association with the Armed Forces:
- 75 Engineer Regiment The British Army’s Reserve Military Engineer Regiment based at Peninsula Barracks, Warrington.
- 2nd Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment is located in Dale Barracks, Chester.
- HMS Albion, of the Royal Navy, is affiliated to the City of Chester.
- 208 Field Hospital from B Squadron is located in Ellesmere Port.
- B (Malta) Company of 4 MERCIAN Regiment is located in Ellesmere Port.
- The Queens Own Yeomanry Regiment from C Squadron is located at Fox Barracks
- HMS Eaglet is based in Liverpool and is home to Reservists from Merseyside, Cheshire, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and North Wales.
- Royal Marine Reserve Merseyside is based in central Liverpool and draws recruits from the North West, North Wales, the Midlands, Yorkshire and the Humber.